Sunday, August 6, 2017

Getting Set-up

WOW! What a whirlwind of a week! So many things happening and tons to do. I wasn't sure at times if I was going to have my classroom ready but I managed to pull it together. Here are some pictures starting with the hallway outside my classroom...



This is just the beginning of the hallway. There will definitely be more to come. I have the whole hallway to myself and I am right across from the cafeteria. It is a hallway with a lot of traffic flow so I try to keep it colorful and updated to show off the talented kiddos I work with. 






I have my bulletin board sectioned off in three parts. The first with the Elements and the Principles. The second is focused on expectations that we have as a school. Our mascot is a lion so we use ROAR. My grade level is even going to try and become more consist and all will use a four point system (one point for each letter) and the classes come to us. 


 This is the section of my board for the "I can" statements or learning targets that we are focusing on. 

These are the tubs I use to store all of the two dimensional work that my students work on. I have folders for each teacher that fit inside made from poster board that I fold in half and I use duct tape on the sides. I have found that is the method that has worked for me. 

On the other side of my board, I demonstrate lessons and use my art material people to help list of directions again quickly so that they can refer to them (which also cuts down on the many questions). 

These are just a few of them. I have just about every medium that I work it. Love them!
I have always had table numbers but this year, I went with table colors. I wanted to stick with the emoji theme so I found an emojicon that was giving the thumbs up and I made the paint brushes to add to them. I can't hang things from the ceiling because of fire code so I have them taped to the table. Hopefully, they stay! 

Now, that the room is seemingly ready to go, I will work on getting examples of first day lessons and beginning projects. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Aprons