Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Back to Reality

Back to Reality! Yesterday was the first day of preplanning for the new school year. I haven't had much time in my classroom to work but I have my furniture moved around now and started working on labeling things and getting new supplies into containers.

 My school does a year long theme and this year it will be using EMOJIS!  I have so many ideas! I will be sure to post pictures of my classroom when it is finished but I have a little sneakpeak...


I have had a rug in the past, but it was time to retire it so I thought I would try out this foam mat instead. I will let you know how it works out. I use this for my kinders. They will start each class on the mat. This keeps it consistent for them and I feel like I definitely hold their interest longer than when I have had them go directly to their tables. I like to start their projects off with children's books, songs, and/or little clips of videos that discuss artists or the subject matter of the project.


I also got out this boarder that I found at the dollar store about a month ago. I wasn't sure where I was going to use it for sure but a teacher can never have enough border, am I right?! I decided to cut it down into pieces and use it as labels for all my containers.


It worked out better than I expected and gave me a new way to use all the border I have :)
More to come. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Aprons